Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Updating things

The anthology of French and Francophone I've been working on for the last 9 years (almost a decade--scary!) is stirring back to life, along with the U.S. side of the Double Change Collective, my translation of Michele Metail's The Earth's Horizons, and hopefully this blog!

The shape of the anthology is going to be vastly different from our original vision (which, as far as I can tell, was a multivolume, densely printed set encompassing every innovative poet working in the French language from May 1968 to the present day--ha, ha, ha!). Co-editor Kristin Prevallet (the other editor is Olivier Brossard) has come up with the wonderful idea of us writing a collaborative introduction/histoire of not getting the anthology together, based somewhat on Roberto BolaƱo's The Savage Detectives, as we certainly had an interesting, and extremely poetic (in the sense of the word portraying poets as unstructured individuals unlikely to take the direct route to point A from point B) experience (not the least involving the New York Public Library's Wertheim Room). Anyway, I thought I'd begin my own contribution on this blog, so stay posted. I'll also add updates on what's happening with "DC," as we call it in-house.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home